26 September 2019

SFX006 - Meller Heights

The Meller Heights building was purchased a while ago, in order to qualify for free shipping from a TTcombat order.  As such, it was built a while ago before this blog was considered, so there aren't any WIP pictures from the build (something I've done for the recent buildings), and instead we just have the built product.  

As you can see, the building is also still unpainted.  With the newer acquisitions I'm painting them as I build to try and make as much use of spray's as possible.  However with this building I'll have to do the painting separately later, which might mean it gets a more nuanced colour scheme.  Let's wait and see ...

That said, I was and still am really impressed with it as a piece of mdf and hardboard terrain:
SFX009 - Adnet Apartments
Front View
Side View
I remember it was super easy to put together (as you'd expect with mdf terrain), but for the scale and price (RRP £7.95) I was really impressed with the attention to detail on the building ... and the window-sills which come in strips which do all windows on one floor in one go are really clever. 

In order to the paint this building, I'm going to wait until I've completed a few more of the new buildings, before committing to a colour pallete / scheme, to try and match to the rest of the terrain,

This piece of terrain was what convinced me to the TTcombat Sci-Fi X line, and let to me splashing out on the BfE event board, as it's a simple yet impressive piece of terrain for a reasonable amount that really makes your games of Dropzone Commander come to life.  I'm really looking forward to building and sharing the rest with you!

Until next time Commanders ...

- Bsking

No comments:

Post a Comment

SFX049 & SFX050 - High Line Track

OK, so as seen from the previous update, a lot of the Dropzone board is now finished!  However, given I set up to do reviews of each of the...